Ideas for Experiential Opportunities:
• Speaking on behalf of a not for profit organization
• Volunteering to be on a Committee such as the BHCRI Training Committee
• In the case of Postdoctoral fellows, volunteering to be part of a Scientific Review Committee
• Volunteering to raise funds for a not for profit i.e. Molly Appeal, Terry Fox Foundation, Run for the Cure, Relay for Life, etc.
• Any cancer-related volunteer work
• Volunteering through the IWK with children in the cancer ward. This involves an application through the IWK to be accepted for the program
This is not intended to take up a lot of time but is just a way to give back to the organizations that support CRTP. For trainees with children, participating in a fundraising activity like the TFR would be a great way to help without causing more time away from family.
Here is a list of some upcoming qualifying events:
The Terry Fox Run - Sunday, September 15, 2013: www.terryfox.org
The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure - Sunday, October 6, 2013: www.cbcf.org
The Scotiabank Bluenose Marathon - May 17-19, 2013: http://www.bluenosemarathon.com/EN/
The Canadian Cancer Society Relay for Life - June 7, 2013: www.cancer.ca
Mud Hero - July 6, 2013: http://www.mudhero.com/halifax/
If you know of other cancer-related events to add to the list, please contact email@example.com